Number of People/Vehicles:
- Campsites are limited to no more than eight people and two vehicles or one recreational vehicle plus secondary vehicle per site.
- Larger groups wishing to camp together can reserve group sites at the Furnace Creek Campground.
All vegetation in the park is protected. Firewood is available at Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells General Stores or you can bring your own supply.
- Ash-producing fires (wood, charcoal, etc.) may only be made in National Park Service metal fire pits.
- All stoves and grills must be gas burning with an on/off switch.
- Fires are prohibited in the summer months or other periods of high fire danger at Mahogany Flat, Thorndike, and Wildrose Campgrounds.
- Furnace Creek Campground has a limit of 14 days per calendar year.
- The rest of Death Valley National Park has a 30-day per calendar year camping limit.
- From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., unless otherwise posted.
- Generators are prohibited in Texas Springs Campground.
Pets must never be left unattended. There is a maximum limit of 4 pets per campsite and pets must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleanup and cleanup supplies.
Check-out time for all park campgrounds is 12 pm.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Length Restrictions:
Mahogany Flats Campground, Thorndike Campground, and Wildrose Campground have a length restriction of 25 feet in total length.
Emigrant Campground is a tent-only campground, no RVs permitted.
Texas Springs Campground and Mesquite Springs Campground can accommodate up to 35ft in total length.
Furnace Creek Campground has sites that can accommodate up to 100ft in total length. See recreation.gov for campsite specific details. Not all sites can accommodate that length.
Sunset Campground and Stovepipe Wells Campground do not have RV length restrictions
Coyotes and ravens are scavengers - keep your campsite clean! Do NOT feed or disturb wildlife.