Special Use Permits are required for activities that benefit an individual, group or organization rather than the public at large. This type of activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Any Group of people including meet-ups, clubs, non-profit organizations, friends & family, etc.
- Weddings and Ceremonies
- Ash Scattering (Application)
- Bicycle and Running Events - All sporting events to be held after May 1, 2015 must abide by the timeline stated in the Safety Assessment. Please note that this means a sporting event application must be received a minimum of 120 days in advance of the requested date.
- First Amendment Activities
- Vehicle Testing - Application and information
Our 1-person permits office processes over 600 permits per year. To process your application will take between 30-60 days, please keep this in mind when planning your event. URGENT requests cannot be accommodated, however, submitting a complete permit package will help in expediting your permitting process. Please submit the following:
- Application processing fee of $210.00. This fee is non-refundable. If you would like to pay by credit card submit the application and a request to pay by credit card to email@example.com
- Liability Insurance Certificate in the amount of $1,000,000 listing the United States as additional insured. The insurance must be negotiable in US funds. See an example of this certificate here.