A Special Use Permit (SUP) is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization, rather than the public at large, and that require some degree of management from the National Park Service in order to protect park resources and the public interest.
Activities that in Death Valley National Park need a SUP permit include, but is not limited to:
- Any Group of people including meet-ups, clubs, non-profit organizations, friends & family, etc.
- Weddings and Ceremonies
- First Amendment Activities (webpage with more information)
- Bicycle and Running Events
- All sporting events to be held after May 1, 2015 must abide by the timeline stated in the Safety Assessment. Please note that this means a sporting event application must be received a minimum of 120 days in advance of the requested date.
- Ash Scattering
- Vehicle Testing (webpage with more information)
- Application processing fee of $300.00. This fee is non-refundable. We prefer payment by credit card.The permit application fee is waived on first amendment activity SUP application.
- Liability Insurance Certificate in the amount of $1,000,000 listing the United States as additional insured. The insurance must be negotiable in US funds.
- Operating plan