Planning a trip to Devils Tower National Monument for academic or scientific reasons?
You may be eligible for a fee waiver.
We can typically provide students with a specially scheduled curriculum-based educational program during the spring and fall while visiting here (staffing dependent).
Most winters, our staff travels to area schools and facilitates in-class educational programs.
To find out more details about current "In Park" and/or "In Classroom" education programs facilitated by National Park Service Staff, shoot us an email or give a quick call:
If it does not work for a National Park Service-facilitated education program while on your field trip, you can always just go for a self-guided experience with your students.
Please note: Only bona fide educational or scientific institutions are eligible for a fee waiver. You must submit documentation as proof of your institution’s status.
Your application must include the following:
Number of Chaperons Permitted by Fee Waiver:
• Per 20 college students - 1 chaperon (maximum)
• Per 10 high school students - 1 chaperon (maximum)
• Per 5 elementary/middle school students - 1 chaperon (maximum)
Fee Waiver Limitations:
• Fee waivers will not be given at the park entrance
• Refunds will not be granted
• Fee waivers ONLY apply to entrance fees, not camping or any other fee
• Service, civic, fraternal, or similar organizations (e.g., scouts, rotary, elks, religious) do not qualify for academic fee waivers unless the above criteria are met
Complete and submit the below form 2 weeks before the requested date. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, and if you completed section 5 (fee wavier), include email@example.com