Pets On The Island
Pets are permitted on Cumberland Island but they must be transported over on private boats. The ferry does not transport pets.
Please do the following to help ensure you, your pet, other visitors, and the animals who call Cumberland Island home all have a safe, enjoyable visit: ·
- Pets must be kept on a leash and under control at all times.
- Please pick up after your pet and dispose of their waste properly.
- Pets can visit for the day only. They are not permitted in campgrounds.
- Please do not let your pet dig or harass wildlife.
- Weather conditions can be extreme at times and your pet is as susceptible as you. Please take care to provide water and shelter for your animal, particularly during times of extreme heat.
- You and your pet can travel park roads and trails on the southern end of the island;however pets are not permitted in the designated wilderness area that encompasses most of the north half of the island. Please take care to plan your hiking properly and abide by all signage.
- If you bring food for your animal please do not leave it unattended and pack all leftovers off with you.
Service animals are permitted to travel with their owners everywhere: on the ferry, in campgrounds, and in park buildings.