Special Park Use Permits

Special Park Use Permits are required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large. Permits are required to ensure that the permitted activity does not interfere with the enjoyment of the park by other visitors and that the natural and cultural resources of the park are protected.

Examples of special events that likely require a permit include, but are not limited to:

  • Sporting events
  • Festivals
  • Concerts
  • Weddings
  • The scattering of ashes
  • Family reunions
  • Other large gatherings
  • Still photography that uses props, sets, or models
  • Commercial filming

Please submit your application at least three weeks ahead of time to accommodate review and processing. It may be necessary for park staff to contact you for further information while considering your request, particularly for large or complex events, which can lengthen processing times.

There is a $30.00, non-refundable application fee for each permit. This reimburses the park for costs incurred in processing your request. There may be additional charges for large events that require additional NPS staff time for management activities such as traffic control, site cleanup, or trash removal.

How to obtain special use permit

  1. Submit the appropriate application to chic_sup_office@nps.gov
  2. When your application has been received by park staff, you will receive an electronic invoice from pay.gov to pay the $30.00 application fee.
  3. Once this is paid, the park’s management team will review your application and you will be notified if you permit request has been approved or denied.

Have questions? Contact the Special Use Permit Office at 580-622-7291 or by email.


Last updated: May 20, 2024

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

901 W. 1st Street
Sulphur, OK 73086


580 622-7234

Contact Us