Chickasaw National Recreation Area has partnered with Recreation.gov in accepting campground reservations at some campgrounds in the park. Selected sites are reservable from May 15th to September 15th each year. Visitors may contact Recreation.gov year-round to make reservations up to six months in advance (one year in advance for group sites). The remainder of the year open campground sites are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, as the campgrounds rarely fill during those periods. Please note: The recreation.gov website will show all sites as being filled from September 15th to May 15th, during the period of time when reservations are not accepted.
The following sites are on the reservation system:
- Group sites at Rock Creek, Central and Cold Springs Campgrounds - Rates are $30.00 per night, per site. The Rock Creek group campsite is reservable year-round.
- Buckhorn Campground: Loop C - Rates are utility sites $22.00 (Loop C only) per night, per site; premium utility sites $24.00 (May through September - Loop C sites #4, 5, 6, and 7) per night, per site, and non-utility sites $16.00 per night, per site (Loop C).
- The Point, upper loop (Sites 42-56) - Utility sites $22.00 per night, per site and non-utility sites $16.00 per night, per site.
- Handicap-accessible sites at Buckhorn Loop C (sites 22-$16.00, and 30-$22.00) and The Point campground (site 41-$22.00). Other handicap-accessible sites throughout the park remain available on a first come, first serve basis.
Reservations for individual sites can be made up to 6 months (rolling windows) in advance and group sites 360 days in advance, both no later than 7 days from arrival date.
- 2-day minimum reservation for weekends
- 3-day minimum reservations for holidays
Reservations can be made via the Internet at www.recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777 or TDD 1-877-833-6777. Chickasaw National Recreation Area cannot make reservations.
Customer Service, for comments or questions concerning the reservations service, can be reached at 1-888-448-1474 or TDD 1-877-833-6777.
Current reservation policies are available on the Internet at http://www.recreation.gov/marketing.do?goto=/nrrsreservationpolicies.html