Special Use Permits

Certain activities at Capitol Reef National Park require that you obtain a Special Use Permit prior to your visit.

Commercial Filming and Photography
Permits are necessary for all commercial filming and still photography. Guidelines and other information, including a link to download the permits application, may be found on the Commercial Filming page.

Capitol Reef will provide a spectacular backdrop for your wedding. Locations are restricted and a permit application, as well as other information, is available on the Weddings page.

First Amendment Activities
The necessity of a permit to conduct First Amendment activities is determined by group size. Guidelines and other information can be found on the First Amendment Activities page.

Other Special Uses
Some activities that fall outside normal visitation also require obtaining a SUP. You may review the regulations and download the permit on the Other Special Uses page.

Last updated: October 8, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

HC 70, Box 15
Torrey, UT 84775


Recorded park information available 24 hours a day. Phones are answered when staff is available. If no one answers, please leave a message, your call will be returned. Questions may also be sent to care_information@nps.gov.

Contact Us