Special Park Use Permits

Special Park Use Application Form

Special Park Use Permits are required for short-term activities that take place in the park area which:

• Provide a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large;

• Require written authorization and some degree of management control from the NPS in order to protect park resources and the public interest;

• Are not prohibited by law or regulation

Wedding Permit Application Supplemental information:

• Group size limits & authorized event locations

• Advance payment of your guest's entrance fees


The following information pertains to all Special Park Use permit applicants: It is important that your application be as detailed as possible concerning your proposed activity. We must know the specific type of event, desired time and location, equipment (including vehicles), total number of participants (including contractors) and any special needs you may have. Also, when identifying the desired park location for your event, please specify the park district (Apollo Beach or Playalinda Beach) you wish to hold your event in. As an example, to clearly identify the desired location for an event, you should write, "Apollo Beach by parking area #1", in the preferred location section of the application.

The information on the application will be used by National Park Service staff to evaluate the impact of your event on park resources and other visitors. A $150 non-refundable processing fee is required with your application. In addition, exclusive park staff services may be required, at a cost of $50 per hour, per person, depending on the scope and size of the proposed activity. Liability insurance may also be required. Payment of fees shall be via money order or bank draft made payable to the National Park Service. Do Not Mail Cash. For additional information contact our permit coordinator at 321-267-1110.

Commercial Use Authorizations (CUA) Permits

Canaveral National Seashore is no longer issuing CUA's for Commercial Charter Fishing, Kayaking, or Guides within Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. If you need to renew your CUA for Charter Fishing, Kayaking or Guided tours, within the refuge, please contact the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge at (321) 861-5601.

For those needing a Commercial Use Authorization permit for use only in Canaveral National Seashore, the north end of the Mosquito Lagoon, you will need a
CUA for the National Park Service.

Commercial Harvesting Permits

..Commercial Harvesting Permit Application

Zone Map

***Commercial Harvesting Permits coincide with the fiscal year, the fiscal year begins on Oct 1st and ends on Sep 30th.

The cost for this permit is $150. A permit is required for each individual engaged in the commercial harvesting of clams, crabs, fish, oysters, shrimp and bait fish within the boundaries of Canaveral National Seashore and/or Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge. Commercial Harvesting Permits may NOT be used for Commercial Guide Services. Commercial Harvesting Permit applications are available at the park headquarters office, which is located at 212 S. Washington Ave., Titusville, FL 32796.

Commercial Harvesting Catch Log Form

Monthly Catch Log Submissions Are Required (even if you were not engaged in commercial fishing activity during the reporting month)
Please submit your monthly catch log report each month via USPS, fax, in person, or email to: kristen_kneifl @

Mail to: Canaveral National Seashore, 212 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796 ; Fax to: (321) 264-2906

Catch logs are required because harvest data is needed to manage sustainable aquatic populations. On your logs, please record hours fished in each area even if no fish were caught. We ask that you record number of people fishing/harvesting, including guides or assistants who are actively fishing. Our Resource Management team greatly appreciates your cooperation.

****Please do not submit a year's worth of monthly reports.****


Commercial Photography & Filming Permits

The beauty of the pristine beaches within Canaveral National Seashore has provided location for a variety of films, commercials, and print advertisements.
If you are planning to do any filming or photography involving talent, products or props in front of a camera, you will need to obtain a filming permit. All permit applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and will not normally be issued for areas of high visitation or on weekends. Please contact (321) 267-1110 for further information and location fees.

• Insurance Liability Requirements: $300,000 minimum. Larger scale productions (cast, crew, equipment) typically require liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.
U.S. Federal Government must be listed as ADDITIONAL
INSURED on liability policy.

Backcountry Permits

Backcountry permits are $2.00 per day, per person, and may be obtained at the entrance station. These permits provide single day access to the backcountry beach area between Playalinda & Apollo Beaches.

Horseback Riding

(A permit & valid coggins is required in addition to entrance fee) [more]


Last updated: September 26, 2017

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

212 S. Washington Ave
Titusville, FL 32796


(321) 267-1110

Contact Us