|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Frank Hester, 252–475–9027
Contact: Public Affairs, 252-473-2111
Superintendent David Hallac announced today that CMC Building, Inc. of Bolton, North Carolina has begun the construction project to improve the Hatteras Island Visitor Center complex.
The project includes:
- Removal of all worn-out decking, benches, litter receptacles, and shade structures,
- Replacement of all decking,
- Expansion of shade structures over the decking,
- Replacement of all benches,
- Upgrade to co-located litter and recycling stations, and
- New and improved access to off-road vehicle permit sales.
The total construction project is expected to be completed by the end of spring. Throughout the construction process, access to the restrooms and visitor center will be maintained as much as possible.