Check for details at the Welcome Center
Sign up for hikes in person; first 15 people
MARCH: Archaeology Month; Hikes and Programs
APRIL 1: Park's Birthday; Light refreshments served to celebrate establishment of park
APRIL 21-29: National Park Week; Clean up of trails, campground and community roadside
MEMORIAL DAY THRU LABOR DAY: Ranger led talks and hikes; Summer Schedule
JUNE 1: Treaty Day; 150th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of 1868; Special programs and hikes during month
AUGUST 25: Founder's Day; Special program to celebrate the creation of the National Park Service
SEPTEMBER 29: National Public Lands Day; Clean up shoreline at Tsaile and Wheatfields Lake
OCTOBER 31: Halloween Costume Contest; 1st to 4th Place winners receive gift certficates
NOVEMBER: Native Amercian Heritage Month; Special programs and hikes
!KNOW YOUR LIMIT!
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. ENTERING THE CANYON IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
DO NOT ATTEMPT HIKES IF YOU HAD RECENT SURGERY OR HAVE RESPIRATORY, ANKLE, KNEE OR BACK PROBLEMS; DIFFICULTY CLIMBING STAIRS; OR FEAR OF HEIGHTS!
- Some trailheads are off road and require high clearance vehicles; NPS staff cannot transport hikers.
- Hikers are required to stay together during hike with Park Ranger.
- Hikes are moderately strenuous to strenuous.
- Hikes can involve some climbing; hiking down/up uneven slick rock; and through sand, mud and water.
- Be prepared and dress in layers, wear comfortable shoes (no flip flops), bring a hat, and carry a pack with water, snacks, first aid kit, and insect repellent.
- Weather can be unpredictable; prepare for heat, dust storms, rain and snow.