Check for details at the Welcome Center
Sign up for hikes in person; first 7 people
Limited in person activities will be offered starting in August
MARCH: Archaeology Month events
APRIL 1: Park's Birthday
APRIL: National Park Week
MEMORIAL DAY THRU LABOR DAY: Ranger led events
JUNE: Treaty Day is June 1 commemorating the signing of the Treaty of 1868
AUGUST 25: Founder's Day; celebrate the creation of the National Park Service
SEPTEMBER: National Public Lands Day events
OCTOBER: Halloween Celebration
NOVEMBER: Native American Heritage Month
KNOW YOUR LIMIT for HIKES
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. ENTERING THE CANYON IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
DO NOT ATTEMPT HIKES IF YOU HAD RECENT SURGERY OR HAVE RESPIRATORY, ANKLE, KNEE OR BACK PROBLEMS; DIFFICULTY CLIMBING STAIRS; OR FEAR OF HEIGHTS
- Some trailheads are off road and require high clearance vehicles; NPS staff cannot transport hikers.
- Hikers are required to stay together during hike with Park Ranger.
- Hikes are moderately strenuous to strenuous.
- Hikes can involve some climbing; hiking down/up uneven slick rock; and through sand, mud and water.
- Be prepared and dress in layers, wear comfortable shoes (no flip flops), bring a hat, and carry a pack with water, snacks, first aid kit, and insect repellent.
- Weather can be unpredictable; prepare for heat, dust storms, rain and snow.