During a foggy, rainy, windy, or cold day, you can still find plenty of indoor adventures at Cabrillo National Monument. You can:
- Take a self-guided tour of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse and see what life was like in the 1880s at this once-lonely outpost.
- Visit the "Age of Exploration" exhibit room near the Visitor Center and learn more about Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo and his voyage of discovery.
- Talk to a Park Ranger or Volunteer at the Visitor Center.
- Learn about lighthouses in the "Lighthouses of Point Loma" exhibit in the reconstructed assistant keeper's quarters adjacent to the Old Point Loma Lighthouse.
- Browse the Cabrillo Store, which is managed by the Cabrillo National Monument Foundation. Located within the Visitor Center, the Bookstore offers a wide selection of educational and interpretive materials, including postcards, books, and unique items.
- See the military history exhibit, "They Stood the Watch," housed in a World War II radio station.
(The films are unavailable through mid December due to rehabilitation work in the Visitor Center).
- See a film in the auditorium:
10:00 AM – Voyages of the San Salvador
10:30 AM – A Partnership in History
11:00 AM – First Breath: Grey Whales
11:30 AM – A Partnership in History
12:00 PM – On the Edge of Land and Sea
12:30 PM – A Partnership in History
1:00 PM – Voyages of the San Salvador
1:30 PM – A Partnership in History
2:00 PM – First Breath: Grey Whales
2:30 PM – A Partnership in History
3:00 PM – On the Edge of Land and Sea
3:30 PM – A Partnership in History
4:00 PM – Voyages of the San Salvador