Special Use Permits (SUP)

Certain activities at Bryce Canyon National Park require that you obtain a Special Use Permit prior to your visit:

Commercial Filming and Photography
Permits are necessary for all commercial filming and still photography. Guidelines and other information, including a link to download the permit application may be found here.

PLEASE NOTE that this permit is not for those conducting Film or Still Photography Workshops - these activities require that you obtain a Bryce Canyon Commercial Use Authorization (CUA). Information and applications for a CUA are available here.

Bryce Canyon will provide a spectacular backdrop for your wedding. Locations are restricted and a permit application, as well as other information, is available at this link.

Scattering Cremated Remains
Bryce Canyon National Park does allow the scattering of cremated human remains within the park. This activity requires a Special Use Permit available here.

Other Special Uses
Some activities that fall outside normal visitation at Bryce Canyon National Park also require obtaining a Special Use Permit. Examples would be a First Amendment use, staging a foot or cycle race, and other activities. You may download this permit with the following link: General Special Use Permit

Commercial Use Authorization
Bryce Canyon National Park's Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) program authorizes the provision of suitable commercial services to park area visitors. Permits and more information available on our Commercial Use Authorization page.

Last updated: March 4, 2019

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O Box 640201
Bryce, UT 84764


(435) 834-5322

Contact Us