Getting Married at Bryce Canyon


A wedding ceremony held at Bryce Canyon National Park, one of the most beautiful parks in the west, is a special occasion for everyone. We have developed guidelines to help you and your guests have a memorable experience and at the same time protect the resources for future generations.


To be married in Bryce Canyon National Park you must:

  • Obtain a Utah state marriage license. The fee is $40 with no waiting period; both parties must be present to obtain the license. Contact a courthouse in Utah for further information on marriage licenses and who can perform ceremonies. Garfield County Courthouse – (435) 676-1100
  • Obtain a special use permit from the National Park Service (see below). Requests must be made in advance and take two to four weeks to process.
  • Arrange for someone to perform the ceremony — a Justice of the Peace, Municipal Judge, Mayors or an ordained pastor, priest or bishop. (See the list below for some possible options)


  • The park allows wedding ceremonies at Sunset Point in two locations: Overlooking the Main Amphitheater and/or the Silent City at Sunset Point. Map of wedding location

  • The maximum number of guests is 30 people

  • We do not allow music, chairs or any other props

  • Nothing may be "thrown" before, during or after the ceremony

  • The use of balloons or other types of decorations will not be authorized

  • No event or directional signs are allowed

  • Receptions are not permitted in the park

Obtaining a Special Use Permit

The National Park Service issues a Special Use Permit for all weddings held in Bryce Canyon National Park. Permits must be obtained in advance of your event (submitted no later than two weeks before the ceremony date).

Permit Fee

  • The cost of the permit is $100. This fee covers the cost of processing the permit, administrative costs, and oversight of the function

  • The park entrance fee is waived for bride and groom and the official performing the ceremony

  • Wedding party guests must pay the park entrance fee (carpooling or shuttle use is encouraged)

  • All fees are non-refundable

Application Process

Download a Wedding Permit (Long Form) or Wedding Permit (Short Form). Once complete, e-mail applications with "Getting Married at Bryce Canyon" in the subject line to

The cost of the permit is $100.00 and this can only be paid online at This covers the cost of processing the permit and administrative costs, and applications will not be processed until this fee is received. Note that this fee does not cover access into the park. All who will be participating in the memorial will be charged general admission to Bryce Canyon National Park (See our Current Fee Structure for admission prices), unless an annual or other pass is used (Golden Age, Golden Access, Interagency Annual America the Beautiful Pass, etc.)


E-mail us at or call 435-834-4748 with any questions. For any emails please include "Getting Married at Bryce Canyon" in the subject line.

Performing the Ceremony

The following individuals may be available to perform wedding ceremonies at Bryce Canyon:

  • Garfield County Judges – Contact County Clerk – 435-676-1100

  • Panguitch City Judge/Justice of the Peace – 435-676-8585

  • Mayors
    Tropic – 435-679-8741
    Cannonville – 435-679-8784
    Panguitch – 435-676-8585
    Henrieville – 435-679-8581
    Hatch – 435-735-4364

  • Churches
    Valley Christian Fellowship, Panguitch, UT
    Pastor Seth Weil – 520-349-1151 (Cell) or 435-676-8823
    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
    Panguitch – 435-676-2201
    Tropic – 435-679-8657

For weddings in the surrounding Forest Service area, such as Red Canyon, please contact the USDA Forest Service Office in Panguitch at 435-676-9300.

Last updated: August 10, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

P.O Box 640201
Bryce, UT 84764


435 834-5322
Phones are answered and messages returned as soon as possible as staffing allows.

Contact Us