|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Sandra Snell-Dobert, 970-641-2337, x227
Current and predicted weather, coupled with dry conditions, has necessitated the implementation of fire restrictions for many public lands throughout the state. Effective 12:01 am on June 24, in alignment with both Gunnison and Montrose Counties, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park and Curecanti National Recreation Area will be under Stage I Fire Restrictions.
Under Stage 1, the following applies:
* Campfires are only allowed within designated fire grates in developed campgrounds (i.e. metal, in- ground containment structure). Fire pans and rock campfire rings are not acceptable. Beach fires are prohibited.
* No fires of any type, including charcoal, outside of developed areas
* No smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or a barren area free of vegetation
* No use of explosive materials
* No welding or operation of an acetylene or other similar torch with open flame except from an area that has been cleared of vegetation
* No operation of any internal combustion engine without a spark-arresting device, properly installed and in working order
Stage I fire restrictions will be in place until further notice. For more information, https://www.westslopefireinfo.com/
Last updated: June 24, 2021