4. You can find me almost anywhere in the United States. In the desert, I weight less, and my fur is shorter and thinner. It is also a lighter color to reflect sunlight and heat. I am a _ _ _ _ _ _.
5. My delicate white flowers bloom only once and only during the cool evening to reduce moisture loss. I am an _ _ _ _ _ _ _-primrose.
7. I can dig into the ground using the "scrapers" on the underside of my back legs. I wait there through the dry season. When I feel the vibrations of thunder, I return above ground. I am a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ toad.
9. My berries and tiny leaves are covered with a waxy coating. This helps keep me from drying out. I am a juniper _ _ _ _.
10. The hairs on gray-green leaves of the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ help protect it against heat, cold and dry winds.
1. The veins in my long ears allow me to keep cool in the summer by radiating away up to one-third of my body heat. I am a _ _ _ _ rabbit.
2. Thick fur on my feet gives me traction on desert sands and insulates my toes from hot surfaces. I am about the size of a cat. I am a kit _ _ _.
3. My nickname is "stinkbug" because of the yucky black liquid I spray to protect myself from predators. I am active during the cooler part of the day. I am a darkling _ _ _ _ _ _.
6. I am covered with spines. They discourage animals that would like to eat me. I am a _ _ _ _ _ _.
8. My night vision is so good that I can hunt in almost complete darkness. I am sometimes known as a "flying tiger" because I will prey upon animals as large as a skunk. I am an _ _ _.
Once you have the puzzle solved, click here to check your answers.