Commercial Use Authorizations

If you are a business operator and want to conduct business within the National Park you are required to obtain a Commercial Use Authorization Permit (36 CFR Sec. 5.3). Failure to obtain the CUA Permit may result in the issuance of a fine and/or removal from the park.

Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs) are one method of authorizing commercial visitor services.
  • CUAs are issued for one year.
  • Permittee must reapply for a new CUA for subsequent periods upon expiration of the current CUA. There is no right or guarantee of renewal.
  • Commercial business activity is prohibited within the park unless a CUA has been granted by the park.
If you are a non-profit organization without taxable income, under the new National Park Service guidelines you are not required to obtain a Commercial Use Authorization. However, you are required to obtain a Special Use Permit.

Application Process

Please download a Commercial Use Authorization PDF (or Section 508-compliant Word version) application form and follow application instructions.

Submit the completed document to:

Amistad National Recreation Area
Attn: Ranger Activities
10477 Hwy 90 West
Del Rio, TX 78840

If you need additional help or have any questions, please call Amistad National Recreation Area Headquarters at 830-775-7492 extension 2202, or e-mail us.

Fourteen (14) business days are required for processing CUA applications.

Last updated: November 30, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

10477 Highway 90 West
Del Rio, TX 78840


(830) 775-7491

Contact Us