Welcome to Jewel Cave National Monument!
The monument is home to the third longest cave in the world. A visit to Jewel Cave National Monument is most enjoyable when it is pre-planned. We suggest you begin by deciding which cave tour is appropriate for you and your family. All cave tours are ranger-guided. Tour tickets are available at the monument on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please use our website to plan your visit and find information on:
- Operating Hours & Seasons, including the opening and closing hours of the visitor center; and the available tour schedule, which changes by season (dates listed).
- Fees & Passes, including ticket prices for each tour type.
- Permits & Reservations, including special use permits for commercial use and other special activities.
- Directions, from nearby Custer, SD and Newcastle, WY; most GPS units do not take you directly to Jewel Cave's location.
- Things to Do, including Guided Tours – Scenic Tour, Discovery Talk, Historic Lantern Tour, and the Wild Caving Tour.