Special Use Permits

Special Use Permits
A special park use is a short-term activity that takes place in a park area and:
• Provides a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large;
• Requires written authorization and some degree of management control from the NPS in order to protect park resources and the public interest;
• Is not prohibited by law or regulation; and
• Is neither initiated, sponsored, nor conducted by the NPS.

Example of activities requiring a Special Use Permit within Zion National Park include weddings, memorial services, commercial filming and/or photography, special assemblies, First Amendment Activities, athletic events, and/or collection of resource materials.

To receive consideration, all requests for Special Use Permits must be made at least three weeks in advance (With the exception of First Amendment Activities requiring a permit which must be received at least 10 business days in advance). Activity specific information and application materials are available via the following links:

Wedding Ceremony
Scattering of Ashes
Other Special Uses
First Amendment Activities
Commercial Filming/Photography

Last updated: November 30, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Zion National Park
1 Zion Park Blvd.

Springdale, UT 84767


If you have questions, please email zion_park_information@nps.gov. Listen to recorded information by calling anytime 24 hours a day. Rangers answer phone calls from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. MT, but a ranger may not answer if they are already speaking with someone else.

Contact Us