Help us protect the park and ensure a safe and enjoyable bicycling experience by following the rules and regulations below:
- Bicycling is permitted on all park roadways and on the Pa'rus Trail. All other park trails, off-trail routes, and the Zion-Mt. Carmel Tunnel are closed to bikes.
- Cyclists attempting to travel through the Zion-Mt. Carmel Tunnel must obtain a ride through the tunnel, which is often possible by hitchhiking. Rangers are not allowed to arrange for, or transport cyclists through the tunnel.
- Bicycles must ride single file on the right side of park roads.
- Bikes on the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive must yield to approaching shuttle buses in your lane of travel. Come to a complete stop out of the roadway to let them pass. Do not pass a moving shuttle bus.
- Wear your helmet!
- Cyclists are limited to groups of 6 bikes or less. Larger groups prevent vehicles from passing them in a safe manner on the narrow park roads. Groups of more than 6 bikes can split into smaller groups but must be separated by one quarter mile or more.
- Bicycles that have an electric or motorized assist are prohibited.