In an effort to create an enjoyable performing arts experience for all patrons, The Filene Center's House Rules as outlined in the Director's Compendium are:
1. All patrons for performances and festivals, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
2. Patrons must sit in the seats for which they have tickets.
3. Resale of tickets within the park is strictly prohibited by Federal regulations and by Wolf Trap Foundation policy.
4. Eating is not permitted in the covered seating area. Patrons may bring water into the covered seating area. Other beverages (wine, beer, mixed and soft drinks) may only be brought into the covered seating area in official Wolf Trap Pavilion Cups, with the lid in place. The Wolf Trap Pavilion Cups are re-usable and spill safe.
5. The Filene Center is a smoke-free facility, to include ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems) commonly known as E-cigarettes or ‘vaping’. Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside of the gates. (Refer to number 10 above)
6. The use of recording equipment and cameras (with or without flash) during performances is prohibited unless authorized by the artists. Please consult the usher staff for photography restrictions in effect for the performance.
7. Shirts and shoes are required and must be worn at all times.
8. Late seating is normally done between movements, acts, or numbers at the request of the artist(s).
9. With the exception of service animals assisting disabled patrons, pets are not permitted.
10. Patrons may not block aisles, stairways, or sightlines at any time during performances.
11. Disturbing fellow patrons by loud conversation or otherwise inappropriate behavior is not permitted and may result in removal from the event without a refund.
12. Lawn chairs are not permitted below the signs on the lawn seating area.
13. Open fires, candles, and cooking devices are not permitted.
14. Bags, backpacks, packages, containers, and coolers, and other containers are subject to inspection and size limitations.
15. Firearms are prohibited by Federal law within the Filene Center.
16. All cell phones, pagers and similar electronic devices must be silenced during performances.
17. Violation of House Rules or park regulations may result in removal from the event without a refund and/or result in prosecution.