Join a park ranger for an interpretive program and learn about different themes in the park.
2017 Summer Ranger Programs
- Behind the Scenes: A Backstage Tour: Join Ranger Will as we wander into the woods to see and hear what goes into a Theatre-in-the-Woods performance.
- Birds of Wolf Trap: Join Ranger Tyler for a fun and interactive exploration of the birds that live in the woods of Wolf Trap!
- How Does Your Garden Grow?: Join Ranger Tyler on a quick trip to the gardens of Wolf Trap to learn about how a garden and plants grow;and how to begin one in your very own yard!
- The Pollination Principles: Join Ranger Nick as you traverse through Wolf Trap Park to discover the importance of pollination and learn some history of the park!
- The Missing Wolves of Wolf Trap: Join Ranger Nick as he uncovers the secrets of where the wolves of Wolf Trap have gone.
- Insect Adventure (What is an entomologist?): Join Ranger Jodi on an up-close investigation into the tiny world of insects. How many different kinds do you think we can spot? We'll find out, and discover why these crawling, hopping, and flying creatures are more important to the wildlife of Wolf Trap than their size might imply.
- Would You Eat Butterflies for Breakfast?: Join Ranger Jodi to explore colorful butterflies and crawling caterpillars. We'll discover how their amazing life actually helps both plants and animals survive at Wolf Trap, as well as being beautiful to watch.
Two different Ranger Programs are offered at 11:45 am and 12:00 pm, every Tuesday through Saturday during our Children's Theatre-in-the-Woods season*. Programs meet at the kiosk in the meadow and are about 20 minutes in length. Find the schedule of Ranger Programs at the Footbridge or below. For future dates call (703) 255-1824 to find out which Ranger Programs will be available on the day of your visit. Programs are free and recommended for kids five and older.
*Ranger programs are canceled for rain or if the day has been determined to have "Code Red" Air Quality.