Advance reservations and fee waivers are required for all groups planning an educational field trip. Contact the Education Office at (417) 732-2662 ext. 249. A variety of on-site educational programs provide opportunity for students to experience the unique resources at Wilson's Creek National Battlefield. (All programs are dependent upon staff availability.)
Home School groups are welcome, but also must submit a fee waiver application. Because of limited parking, we ask that groups carpool with no more than eight (8) cars entering the battlefield at a time.
- November - March: The tour of the battlefield is self-guided. Special program requests are welcome but dependent upon the availability of volunteer staff. Reservations should be made at least 3 - 4 weeks before the planned visit.
- April - June: The tour of the battlefield is scheduled. Special programs are provided at various sites around the battlefield. There is a daily limit on how many groups may participate. Schools should contact the park early to reserve a date. Reservations can be made after October 1.
- July - August: Summer school groups are welcome.The tour of the battlefield is self-guided. Special program requests are welcome but dependent upon the availability of volunteer staff. Reservations should be made at least 3 - 4 weeks before the planned visit.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS (availability dependent on staffing)
- Makeshift Medicine (Subject: Dealing with the aftermath of battle)
- Common Soldier/Common Man (Subject: A closer look at the Civil War soldier)
PARK ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER
Wilson's Creek National Battlefield
6424 W. Farm Road 182
Republic, MO 65738
Phone: (417) 732-2662 Education Office: ext. 249
Fax: (417) 732-1167