Bibliography, Preschool - K.
- Bash, Barbara; Desert Giant: The World of the Saguaro Cactus, Sierra Club Books, Boston, Little Brown, 1989, 30 pages. Good illustrations of plants, animals and people of the desert.
- Baylor, Byrd; The Desert is Theirs, Aladdin Books, New York, NY, 1987, 28 pages. Interesting book to read to small children.
- Guiberson, Brenda Z; Cactus Hotel, Henry Holt and Co., NY, 1991, 30 pages. Interesting book to read to small children. Third and fourth grades would enjoy reading it also.
- Lesser, Carolyn; Storm on the Desert, Harcourt Brace and Co., New York, NY, 1997, 30 pages. Excellent illustrations.
- Lowell, Susan; The Three Little Javelinas, Northland Publishing, 1992, 28 pages. A Southwestern adaptation of the story of "The Three Little Pigs" which takes place in the Sonoran Desert.
- Urquhart, Jennifer C.; Creatures of the Desert World, National Geographic Society, 1987, 11 pages. A children’s pop-up book with good information about the desert.
- Wright-Frierson, Virginia; A Desert Scrapbook: Dawn to Dusk in the Sonoran Desert, Simon and Schuster, New York, NY, 1996, 30 pages. Can be read to young children, or grades 1-3 could read it for themselves. Good illustrations.
Last Updated: Sunday, 18-Apr-2004