Living on the Edge
What was it like to live in a small cliff dwelling in ancient times? Your primary source of water ran in a creek hundreds of feet beneath you. Your gardens struggled sunward on the rim, hundreds of feet above. Your neighbors consisted not only of people, but also of wildlife including ravens and ringtails, coyotes and cougars.
Walnut Canyon is a remarkable place! Explore here and discover what rangers, scientists, and visitors have learned in more than 100 years of preservation.
- Read the latest updates in our Park Newspaper and Press Releases.
- Explore grand vistas and virtual tours in our Photos & Multimedia pages.
- Learn the stories of both people and places on our History & Culture page.
- Because of its sheer, vertical cliffs, Walnut Canyon hosts an immense number of plant and animal species. Discover them on our Nature page.
- Teachers and youth, be sure to check out our Education and Kids pages for information about school field trips and Junior Ranger programs.
- Visit the Management page for park statistics, laws, policies, and administrative information.