The safety of our staff and visitors is our highest priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. Fee waivers for field trips are currently being processed for self guided field trips. Ranger programs and orientations are not available at this time. If you are planning a field trip to Sunset Crater Volcano, Walnut Canyon, or Wupatki National Monuments we recommend following these additional safety measures to ensure you have a fun and healthy visit.
- Per the AZ Executive Order By Governor Doug Ducey please limit group sizes to 50 people.
- Follow a 1 to 5 student to chaperone ratio for students in grades K-8
- Break your group up into smaller groups of less than 10 people when walking on trails to enable social distancing for you and other visitors.
- Do not gather in large groups around restrooms, trail heads, or visitor centers where it prohibits passage by other visitors.
- Wear a face covering whenever possible.
- If purchasing items from the park store please approach the table in groups of 5 people or less and follow social distancing markers when waiting in line.
- Be prepared and bring plenty of water, food, and appropriate clothing for the season.
We appreciate your cooperation and hope that you have a great visit.
Educational Fee Waivers
To schedule a field trip to one or more of the Flagstaff Area National Monuments-Walnut Canyon, Wupatki or Sunset Crater Volcano, please complete the registration form and submit documentation one month in advance of your trip. Please e-mail your completed application. DO NOT FAX.
Along with this fee waiver, you MUST PROVIDE:
- Eligibility Documentation- Current official recognition as an Educational Institution by a Federal, State, or local government entity, or other documentation attesting to educational status, such as accreditation letter or an educational tax exempt letter.
- Relevance Documentation - There must be a direct relationship between the purpose of the visit and the use of the park. Provide documentation demonstrating why the visit is educational and specific to the Flagstaff Area National Monuments. A course outline, lesson plan, or a copy of the course curriculum meets this requirement.