(Return to Houseboating information page)
- Go to www.recreation.gov
- In the upper right, either Log In to your account or click on Sign Up to create an account.
- In the search bar, type “voyageurs national park houseboat permits” and click on SEARCH.
- Click on Voyageurs National Park Houseboat Permits.
- Select your entry date and click on Check Availability.
- Select the appropriate boxes for your trip dates on the lake you will be on, from your arrival date to your departure date. Click on Book Now.
- Make sure itinerary cost listed on the right is correct; fill out requested information on the left. Read and agree to important information at the bottom of the page.
- If complete, click on Proceed to Cart.
- Check that the order summary is correct and click on Proceed to Payment.
- Fill out payment information and click on Next.
- Review and confirm information and click on Continue.
- Your order is complete! You can print this confirmation for your records but it is not your official permit. You will receive a confirmation email shortly with additional information.
- Print your permit within 5 days prior to your trip. It is required to have this when entering the park. To print your permit, log into your recreation.gov account, click on the down arrow next to your name in the upper right, select My Reservations and select Print Permit for the appropriate trip. There is no place to print your permit once you arrive at the park.