Permits & Reservations


Special activities such as cultural programs, picnics, wedding ceremonies, and film and photography projects may require a Special Use Permit.

A special use permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group or organization rather than the public at large.These activities require some degree of management from the National Park Service if there is the potential for interference with visitor use, congestion of a highly visited area, or possible impact on park resources or operations. The park may permit a special park use providing the activity will not unduly interfere with normal park operations, cause damage to or distraction from park resources or values or present a threat to public safety or property.

What to know when planning special park use

Special Events Permits

Filming/Photography Permits

First Amendment Permits

Click here for more information on permits. For additional information or questions please call (610) 783-1087


Tour Reservations

Reservations are required for The Encampment Store's private tours and are strongly recommended for Trolley Tours. Reservations may be made by calling The Encampment Store at 610-783-1074

Tour Registration for Groups of 10 or More
Advanced group registration will improve the experience for groups of 10 or more visiting the Park. Knowing when your group is going to arrive will ensure that it will be best accommodated at the Visitor Center, Encampment Store, and Park Theater. The registration service is free, as is admission to all park facilities. Simply complete the on-line form; you will receive a registration confirmation within 48 hours. When possible, please try to give us at least 30 days notice of your group's arrival.
Register Here.

Road-based Commercial Tour Commercial Use Authorization Information
The NPS is standardizing road-based commercial tour commercial use authorization (CUA) requirements and fees agency-wide. The standard process affects road-based commercial tour operations occurring after September 30, 2019. Learn more about these upcoming changes.

Last updated: June 5, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

1400 North Outer Line Drive
King of Prussia, PA 19406


(610) 783-1000

Contact Us