Visiting Valley Forge During COVID-19
The National Park Service (NPS) is working servicewide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and using a phased approach to increase access on a park-by-park basis. Based on guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities, access to the park is as follows:
- The Encampment Store bookstore and gift shop is open Thursday - Monday, 10am - 4pm. The store is located adjacent to the Visitor Center parking lot. Dial (610) 624-5010.
- Grounds, parking lots, roads, and trails. Due to the recent severe storms, some trails may not be fully accessible. Staff continue to address storm damage and reopen areas once cleared.
- Limited restrooms are available at the Visitor Center Parking Lot, Wilson Road Parking Lot, Betzwood Parking Lot and Wayne’s Woods Parking Lot. Please be aware that these restrooms may be closed periodically for cleaning.
- While the open areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy under the normal opening schedule, a return to full operations will continue to be phased, and services are limited.
- All buildings (except The Encampment Store) including Washington’s Headquarters; restrooms not listed above; in person educational and interpretive programs; and other facilities.
Tips for Visiting and Protecting the Park
- Please RecreateResponsibly, follow local area health orders, practice Leave No Trace principles, and avoid crowding and high-risk outdoor activities.
- If you choose to visit, please park in designated spots. If a parking lot is busy, please find another legal place to park.
- Vehicles parked illegally will be ticketed. Vehicles that block emergency vehicle access (such as on roads or in front of gates) will be towed, as they present a serious safety hazard.
- Please take all trash with you. Trash cans will be limited so please come prepared to carry out your trash.
- Please continue to practice social distancing, avoid large groups, and stay 6 feet away from others. Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Please use the restroom before you arrive.
The CDC has offered guidance to help people recreating in parks and open spaces prevent the spread of infectious diseases. We will continue to monitor all park functions to ensure that visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health.
Formal Program Postponement
Following guidance from the CDC and recommendations from state and local public health authorities in consultation with NPS Public Health Service Officers, all park-sponsored public programs and events are postponed until further notice, including:
Landscapes and Structures Photography Program
Trail Tuesdays (Park Alliance)
March Out of the Continental Army
Spring Home School Day
Junior Ranger Day
Join the Continental Army
The Bake Oven
We will work to reschedule these activities, for a future date(s), once park operations resume in accordance with all relevant public health and local/state guidance. We look forward to inviting you to participate in these programs in the future. In the interim we encourage you to learn more about the history and significance, as well as natural resources, of Valley Forge on our website: nps.gov/vafo.