Whether you're passing through for a day, or planning an extended stay in the St. Louis area, there is plenty to see and do at Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site.
To help you get started, here's what a typical visit may include:
- Watch the 22-minute introductory film "Ulysses S. Grant: A Legacy of Freedom" in the Visitor Center.
- Walk the self-guided ¼ mile historic trace and see the historic outbuildings.
- Take a ranger led tour of President Grant's historic home "White Haven" (Average tour time: 30-40 minutes)
- Visit the museum, located in the 1872 horse stable.
- Make a stop at the park store for a wide selection of books, videos, souvenirs, and educational materials.