Doing Business With The Park

Special Events and Permits

Some activities are allowed within the Monument but, by law, require a special use permit. This can include still photography, guided tours and other business operations, scientific research, running and bicycle races on Highway 92, weddings, and large group picnics or other gatherings in the Swinging Bridge picnic area.

Every situation is different, and doesn't need to be complicated or time consuming, but the permit process makes sure that park resources are protected and that the event doesn't unreasonably interfere with the enjoyment of the park by other visitors. See the links below for the most common permitting situations we encounter. If you are unsure if your event/ activity requires a permit, call the administrative offices at (801) 756-5239.

Races, marathons, and organized bicycling events on State Route 92

Weddings and Large Group Events

Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) - Contact the park administration office for more information.

Filming & Still Photography
Scientific Research and Collection (information) (permit)

The National Park Service cannot issue a permit if it would:

  • result in damage or injury to park resources;
  • be contrary to the purposes for which the natural, historic, development, and special use zones of the park were established or unreasonably impair the atmosphere of peace and tranquility maintained in those zones;
  • unreasonably interfere with interpretive, visitor service, or other program activities, or with the administrative activities of the National Park Service;
  • substantially impair the operation of public use facilities or services of the National Park Service concessioners or contractors;
  • result in significant conflict with other existing uses.

Last updated: March 13, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

2038 W. Alpine Loop Road
American Fork, UT 84003



Contact Us