Theodore Roosevelt National Park protects more than 70,000 acres over three park units.
- South Unit 46,158.57 acres
- North Unit 24,070.32 acres
- Elkhorn Ranch Unit 218 acres
Of the 70,446.89 total acres, 29,920 acres are designated Wilderness Area.
- Roosevelt Recreation Demonstration Area - 1935
- Theodore Roosevelt National Wildlife Refuge - November, 1946
- Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park - April 25, 1947
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park - November 10, 1978
Theodore Roosevelt National Park receives nearly 600,000 visitors each year. Although the park is open year-round, the busiest months are June, July, and August.
Detailed reports on visitation statistics may be found at Annual Visitor Statistic Reports.