Specialized Units

All U.S. Park Police officers start their careers as patrol officers, but have opportunities to join specialized units. The U.S. Park Police manages a Marine Unit, an Aviation Unit, Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT), a Canine Unit, a Motorcycle Unit, a Special Events Unit, a Traffic Safety Unit, a Horse Mounted Unit and a Criminal Investigations Branch.

Most units require that officers have a minimum of 3 years of U.S. Park Police service before becoming eligible to apply.

Last updated: October 16, 2015