Welcome to Sitka National Historical Park
Every season brings something new to learn, explore and experience.
To make the most of your visit plan ahead:
- We welcome visitors year-round. Be sure to check park operating hours as they vary with the season.
- The park is located on Baranof Island in Southeast Alaska. Once you arrive, finding your way to the park is easy!
- Every season brings something new to learn, explore and experience. Activities and events vary with the season, so be sure to check on the calendar.
- Weather in Sitka is different than what one expects to find in Alaska. Temperatures are mild and rainfall is very high.
- Pets are allowed on the park trails and grounds. Dogs must be leashed at all times. Only service animals are permitted in buildings.
- Encounters with brown bears are unlikely in the park, but preparing to visit the park should include some basic bear safety knowledge.