Currents of Change

On an island amid towering spruce and hemlock, Sitka National Historical Park preserves the site of a battle between invading Russian traders and indigenous Kiks.ádi Tlingit. Park visitors are awed by Tlingit and Haida totem poles standing along the park’s scenic coastal trail, and the restored Russian Bishop’s House speaks of Russia’s little known colonial legacy in North America.

Black and white photo of Tlingit men and canoe on the tidal flats in Sitka.

The E.W. Merrill Collection at Sitka NHP

The park museum collection includes 1167 glass plate negatives by photographer E.W. Merrill, offering a glimpse of early 20th century Sitka.

Park Ranger stands by the dining room table of the Russian Bishop's House.

Ranger Guided Walks Through History

Daily ranger-guided tours begin in early May. Check the calendar for up-to-date offerings.

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

103 Monastery St.
Sitka, AK 99835

Phone:

(907) 747-0110
Main park info

Contact Us