Permits & Reservations

Backcountry Permits

Permits are required for:

· individual overnight hiking & camping
· individual overnight horseback riding
· any group overnight hiking, camping or horseback riding

Information about our backcountry can be found in the Rincon Mountain Backcountry Camping Brochure Information.

Wilderness backcountry permits are purchased online here.

Special Use Permits

Saguaro National Park is home to many beautiful landscapes which make it a popular place for weddings and special events.

Visit this page to learn how to schedule facilities and obtain a permit for weddings, special events, First Amendment activities, and the scattering of cremation ashes.

Filming/ Photography Permits

Filming permits are required and are issued for photography, filming, and associated sound recording when they involve props, models, professional crews, and casts or set dressings.

Visit this page to learn more about filming/photography permits.

Scientific Research Permits

All studies in Saguaro National Park, large or small, must have their own Research & Collecting Permit.

Visit this page to learn how to obtain a research permit. Proposal and review processes require approximately 90 days.

Commercial Use Authorizations

A Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) is a business permit with the National Park Service that authorizes an individual, group, company, or other for-profit entity to conduct commercial activities and provide specific visitor services within a national park area.

Visit this page to learn how Saguaro National Park authorizes a variety of commercial services: day hiking, backpacking, day equestrian rides, overnight pack trips, road bike tours and mountain bike tours.

Last updated: November 3, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

3693 S Old Spanish Trail
Tucson , AZ 85730


520 733-5153

Contact Us

Stay Connected