Seasonal Park Ranger Position
Applications must be submitted by February 29, 2008.
Interviews will be conducted the week of March 3, 2008.
This job is located at Saint Croix Island International Historic Site (IHS) on Route 1, eight miles south of Calais, Maine. Work takes place inside the ranger station and outdoors on the interpretive trail. Main duties include greeting visitors, answering their questions, and providing information about the park and the surrounding area. Other duties include assisting with administrative tasks, and light site maintenance. Pay is $10.39–$11.34 per hour, depending on experience.
- 15 years or older
- Sophomore or junior who is enrolled for high school in the fall of 2008 is preferred. Seniors will receive consideration.
- Minimum 6 months cumulative general work and/or volunteer experience
- Dependable transportation to and from work
- Conversational French an asset
- Available to work up to 8 hours/day, up to 4 days/week, from approximately mid-June through Labor Day
- A letter of interest stating why you would like to work at Saint Croix Island International Historic Site, and why you are a good candidate for this position.
- The Optional Application for Federal Employment form OF-612, available at the Saint Croix Island IHS ranger station or online. (Job title announcement is “Park Ranger”; grade level is “GS-0025-02 or GS-0025-03.” There is no announcement number.)
Saint Croix Island International Historic Site
Attn: Meg Scheid, Park Ranger
PO Box 247
Calais, ME 04619
All applications will be reviewed, and a reply of the status of your application will be sent by March 31, 2008. If you have questions about the job or the application process, call 207-454-3871.