Management

Drawing of an area from the master plan
Corridor East Master Plan projected vision

Beckett & Raeder

The Journey to Becoming a National Park
Until recently, the River Raisin battlefield site was occupied by a large abandoned paper mill. Realizing the significance of the American sacrifice on the hallowed grounds of the battlefield, in the 1980’s the Monroe Historical Society, City of Monroe, Port of Monroe, Monroe County, State of Michigan, and many others began waging a new battle to preserve the River Raisin Battlefield. Tremendous investments in the Battlefield’s restoration resulted in the United States Congress authorizing the creation of the River Raisin National Battlefield Park in March of 2009. In October of 2010, the first 30 acres of Battlefield land was donated to the National Park Service creating the nation’s 393rd National Park. The Battlefield continues to be restored and opened for the benefit of current and future generations.

Visit the River Raisin National Battlefield Park Foundation website to learn about the History of the Battlefield and Future Plans!

Superintendent's Compendium (May 2016)

Last updated: January 10, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

1403 East Elm Street
Monroe, MI 48162

Phone:

(734) 243-7136

Contact Us

Tools