Directions to the Tomales Bay Trailhead
Allow 15 minutes for the drive from the Bear Valley Visitor Center.
- From the Bear Valley Visitor Center, head north 0.2 miles (0.3 km) to Bear Valley Road.
- Turn right and follow Bear Valley Road 0.5 miles (0.8 km) east to Highway 1.
- Turn left and follow Highway 1 2.1 miles (3.3 km) north to Point Reyes Station.
- Turn left to stay on Highway 1 and follow Highway 1 northwest three blocks before turning right (after the bank) to continue on Highway 1 northeast out of town.
- Continue following Highway 1 north 1.7 miles (2.7 km), keeping left at the Petaluma-Point Reyes Road junction, to the Tomales Bay Trailhead, which will be on the west/left-hand side of the road.