Last updated: February 15, 2024
Parking - Auto, Trailhead
The most popular hikes from the Laguna Trailhead will take you down to the coast, but you can also connect to multiple trails that will climb through the forest towards Inverness Ridge and into the and the Woodward Fire zone.
Suggested Routes From This Trailhead
App Users: For more information on these specific routes, press the "Things to Do" icon on the park's homepage and select "Hiking" from the list of activities. Find the options listed above, or browse routes that begin at the park's other trailheads.
- Take only pictures; leave only footprints: Almost everything one finds at Point Reyes is protected by law, including shells, rocks, fossils, flowers, and artifacts.
- Please only travel on authorized trails, respect posted signs, and practice Leave No Trace principles when recreating in the park.
- Check current conditions and trail advisories and closures before your visit.
- Bicycles are not permitted on any of the routes that start from the Laguna Trailhead; bicycles are prohibited in Wilderness.
- Pets are not permitted on any of the routes that start from the Laguna Trailhead. Visit our Pets page to learn where pets are permitted at Point Reyes National Seashore.
- Horses and pack animals are permitted on most park trails, including all of the routes that start from the Laguna Trailhead. Please visit our Horse Riding page for more information.
- Drones are not permitted anywhere in Point Reyes National Seashore.
The Laguna Trailhead parking lot is approximately 15 minutes by car from the Bear Valley Visitor Center. There is a small paved parking lot with space for 13 vehicles across a small bridge near the east end of Laguna Road 0.5 miles (0.8 km) from Limantour Road. Overflow parking is allowed in the grassy field on the south side of Laguna Road west of (before) the turn that leads to the Laguna Trailhead.
Please respect the privacy of residents of the employee housing near the trailhead. The nearby Clem Miller Environmental Education Center and grounds are for use by reserved groups only.