International Travel into Mexico
Due to the location of Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, many visitors plan on traveling into Mexico. A port of entry exists in the town of Lukeville, AZ, five miles south of the Kris Eggle Visitor Center.
Before traveling internationally, there are a few key things to remember:
- Mexican law requires you to have Mexican auto insurance
- U.S. and Canadian auto insurance is not valid in Mexico
- The nearest locations to purchase Mexican auto insurance are in Lukeville and Ajo AZ.
- Most rental car companies do not permit their vehicles to enter Mexico
- The Port of Entry at Lukeville currently closes from 12am-6am
- A valid passport is required for re-entry into the United States
For additional and more up-to-date information, please contact United States Customs and Immigration personnel at the international border in Lukeville.
Lukeville Port of Entry, Customs and Border Patrol