Monument Status during COVID-19
Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument remains open. The Kris Eggle Visitor Center is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Twin Peaks Campground is open, although some campsites remain closed. Alamo Campground as open. Restrooms at Alamo, Estes, Pinkley Peak, and Bonita Well are open. Trails and roads remain open. There may be periods of time when facilities may closed or operate with reduced capacity based on the ability to adhere to established sanitization guidelines. Learn how to recreate responsibly at Organ Pipe.
Visitor Center and Facilities
- The Visitor Center is open DAILY from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. In response to COVID-19 guidelines visitor center occupancy will be limited to 8 people, including staff. There may be periods of time when facilities may closed or operate with reduced capacity based on the ability to adherer to established sanitization guidelines check ALERTS for temporary closures and updates superceding this information.
Recreate Responsibly: Practice social distancing with 6 feet of space between you and others. Facemasks are required in federal buildings and required outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is available as you enter the visitor center main entrance and the exhibit hall. Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Thank you for keeping yourself and others safe and healthy.
- Restrooms: the family restroom at the Visitor Center will be open when the visitor center is open, with available soap and water. Restrooms at Pinkley Peak, Alamo Canyon, Bonita Well, and Estes are open. Soap and water are not provided in the backcountry restrooms, so visitors are highly encouraged to bring and use their own hand sanitizer. The nearest public restrooms are Lukeville, 5 miles south on Highway 85, and Why, 23 miles north on Highway 85.
Alamo Canyon and Twin Peaks Campground are Open:
There is no dispersed camping. There may be periods of time when facilities may closed or operate with reduced capacity based on the ability to adherer to established sanitization guidelines.
are available and may be obtained at the visitor center when the facility is open.
Group Campground is Closed.
All park roads remain open with the exception of:
- The southeast border road - closed to pedestrian and vehicle traffic between the Lukeville Port of Entry to the Santa Rosa Mountains due to construction activity safety concerns.
- The southwest border road from Monument Hill west to Quitobaquito and all crossover roads - closed to pedestrian and vehicle traffic due to construction activity safety concerns.
- As of 8:00AM on February 13th, South Puerto Blanco Rd. has been temporarily reopened until further notice.
- All trails remain open.