As of February 22, 2010, a new federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal, state, and local laws, to legally possess firearms in this park.
It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this park. As a starting point, please visit our state’s website, https://www.oregonlegislature.
Federal law also prohibits firearms in certain facilities in this park; those places are marked with signs at all public entrances. These places include the Visitor Center, the Oregon Caves Chateau, and inside the caves.
Hunting is strictly prohibited within the park.
During your visit to the monument, please remember:
- Do not feed or interfere with the wildlife.
- Stay on marked trails.
- Pets must be leashed at all times and are allowed only on asphalt roads and parking areas.
- Camping and fires are not permitted on the monument.
- Due to high fire danger, smoking is not permitted on any of the trails.
- Hunting and trapping are prohibited.
- Intoxicated persons may be denied access to the cave.
The Park Superintendent has the authority to establish park-specific rules. These commonly include things like visiting hours, public uses of the cave, designated areas for public demonstrations, and similar area specific rules. These rules are issued at least once each year and compiled in a document known as the Superintendent's Compendium, 886 KB pdf file.