To protect park wildlife, to provide for you and your pet's safety and to help all visitors enjoy the park, please observe the following rules:
Pets are permitted (leashed only, maximum 6' length) in park campgrounds, picnic areas, and parking lots; they are also allowed on the following trails and ocean beaches:
- Spruce Railroad Trail (Olympic Discovery Trail)
- Peabody Creek Trail
- Madison Falls Trail
- All Kalaloch Beaches (from Ruby Beach south to South Beach)
- Rialto Beach, 0.8 mile north to Ellen Creek only (day use only)
- Pets are prohibited on any other trails, beaches, in public buildings, in boats on park rivers, or in the park's designated wilderness including all overnight backpacking areas.
- Do not leave your pet unattended.
- Please clean up after your pet.
- In campgrounds, pets may be kept either on a leash or in a kennel.