- Plan your park activities with time and distance in mind. Olympic is very large and there are no roads that cross the park. Consult the park's mileage chart for distances between key destinations. See Trip Itineraries for recommendations based on your available time.
- The summer months of June through September are the busiest time of year. Reservations can be made for Kalaloch Campground and popular wilderness camping areas. All other camp sites are first come, first served.
- Lodging accommodations are available seasonally inside the park at Lake Crescent Lodge, Log Cabin Resort, and Sul Duc Hot Springs Resort, and year-round at Kalaloch Lodge. Additional accommodations are available in communities outside the park. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Try to sample destinations within each of the park's major ecosystems: subalpine, coast, temperate rain forest, and lowland forest.
- Check the park calendar and newspaper for current information and schedule of programs.
Plan Your Visit
.Tips for a Great Visit