|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Veronica Greear, (423) 346-6294
Contact: Chris Derman, (423) 569-9778
The National Park Service (NPS) invites the public to submit entries the Obed Wild & Scenic Fifth Annual Photo Contest. The NPS is looking for striking digital images highlighting the spectacular views, historic sites, recreational opportunities, and diversity of life in the park. Images may show wildlife, plant life, natural landscapes, historic areas, weather, or people interacting with nature within the boundaries of the Obed Wild and Scenic River. All photographs, except those submitted in the Artistic category, should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
Photographs may be submitted into one of five categories:
- Action/Adventure (photographs of people participating in legal recreational activities)
- Artistic (artistic compositions in nature both natural and manipulated in post processing)
- Flora & Fauna (animals in their natural habitat, including close-ups of invertebrates, or plants in their natural habitat, including close-ups of flowers, fungi, lichen, and algae)
- Landscapes (expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Obed park boundaries)
- Youth (entries in any category by photographers under 18 years of age).
Entries will be judged on technical excellence, originality, creativity, visual impact, and artistic merit. Judges' decisions are final. Selected images will be printed for an exhibition at the Obed Visitor Center that will open on the National Park Service's 100th Year Birthday, Thursday, August 25, 2016. Selected images may also be displayed on the internet and other venues.
Contest is open to all photographers except NPS employees and their immediate families and household members. Each person can only submit three photos into the competition. All photos must be in a high resolution digital format and watermarks are prohibited. Entries must be received no later than Friday, July 15, 2016. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form with all information clearly filled out and can be downloaded from https://www.nps.gov/obed/learn/photosmultimedia/obed-photo-contest.htm.
Entries may be emailed to e-mail us, or dropped off at or mailed to Park Headquarters at:
Obed Wild and Scenic River
Attn: (Photo Exhibit)
P.O. Box 429
Wartburg, TN 37887
Please call the visitor center at (423) 346-6294 for more information.