- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac) is the nearest major airport at approximately 120 miles from the North Cascades Visitor Center and about 190 miles from Chelan.
- Vancouver International Airport is approximately 210 km (130 miles) from the North Cascades Visitor Center and 220 km (135 miles) from Hozomeen.
- Bellingham International Airport offers limited commercial air service to Northwest Washington and the SR 542 corridor.
- Pangborn Memorial Airport offers limited commercial service for Wenatchee and Chelan.
- Chelan Seaplanes provides floatplane access from the city of Chelan to Stehekin and Lake Chelan National Recreation Area.
- The Amtrak Cascades arrives twice daily at Mount Vernon station from both Seattle and Vancouver, BC.
- The Empire Builder arrives once per day from both Seattle and Minneapolis-St. Paul (via Glacier National Park and Spokane).
- The Canadian arrives three times per week from Toronto and the Canadian Rockies in Hope, Chilliwack, Abbotsford, and Vancouver, BC. Rental car services are available in Chilliwack, Abbotsford, and Vancouver, BC.
- Greyhound serves communities along Interstate 5/Highway 99, including Mount Vernon and Bellingham, and US Highway 2, including Leavenworth and Wenatchee.
- Whatcom Transportation Authority service along State Route 542 (SR 542) is limited frequency and ends 10 miles (16 km) short of the Glacier Public Service Center.
- Skagit Transit provides fixed route service to the State Route 20 (SR 20) gateway communities of Sedro-Woolley and Concrete and infrequent pocket service to Marblemount. Racks are available on all fixed route SKAT and WTA buses for those bicycling SR 20 and SR 542.
- Link Transit buses (no Sunday service) connect Wenatchee to the Chelan dock of the passenger ferry to Stehekin.
- A shuttle is available in the Stehekin Valley from Stehekin Landing to up valley lodges, camps, and trailheads. The new schedule is available at North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin Landing.
LAKE CHELAN FERRY
- The Lady of the Lake provides round-trip service between Chelan and Stehekin with scheduled stops at Field's Point and Lucerne. Daily service is available from mid-Spring through early fall with reduced service during the winter months.
Contact the park at (360) 854-7200 or E-mail us for more information.