Regulations Concerning Pets
Pets are members of our families, but there are some things you should be aware of before bringing your pet to the park.
- Pets in South Dakota and Nebraska state parks must be on a leash at all times. However, they should not be leashed while in a boat or a canoe on the river.
- In Nebraska, pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet; in South Dakota, pets must be on a leash no longer than 10 feet.
- Pets (except service dogs) are not allowed on designated swimming beaches or in any park buildings (including camping cabins, lodges and comfort stations).
- Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Please do not leave pets unattended.