Permits & Reservations


Filming/Photography Permits
Generally filming permits are required and are issued for photography, filming, and associated sound recording when they involve props, models, professional crews, and casts or set dressings.

Permits are issued to ensure the protection of resources and to prevent significant disruption of normal visitor uses. Permits are also required for access to areas normally closed to the visiting public.

Special Use Permits
A special use permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large and that require written authorization and management control in order to protect park resources and the public interest. Examples include: weddings, memorial services, commercial filming and/or photography, special assemblies, First Amendment activities, athletic events, or collecting of resource materials. Each of these activities requires a special use permit that must be acquired in advance.



Camping and Lodging
Aramark is the park concessionaire and manages Far View Lodge and Morefield Campground. For lodging or camping reservations, please visit the Aramark website.

Ranger-Guided Tours
To learn what tours are offered and how to purchase tickets for them, please go to Purchasing Tour Tickets.

Last updated: September 21, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

PO Box 8
Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330



Contact Us