|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Keith Krause, 970-529-5049
Pursuant to regulations of the Department of Interior, Title 54 USC section 100101 (a) and 36 Code of Federal Regulations, subsections 1.5 Closure and public use limits (a) (1), 2.13 Fires (a) (5) (c), 2.21 Smoking (a), and 2.38 Explosives (b) (c), the following acts are prohibited on the area, roads, and trails described below until rescinded by the Superintendent of Mesa Verde National Park.
- Setting, building, maintaining, attending, or using open fires of any kind in the park in general. Stoves and equipment fueled by petroleum or liquid Propane Gas (LPG) fuels are allowed.
- Smoking in vegetated areas, except within an enclosed vehicle or a developed recreation site or stopped in an area devoid of vegetation at least 3 feet (1 meter) in diameter.
- Discharging, or using any kind of fireworks or other pyrotechnic devices, is prohibited at all times on all federal public lands, including Mesa Verde National Park.
- Those persons with a permit authorizing the otherwise prohibited act, or in those areas authorized by written posted notice in the area of operation. Permits may be obtained from Mesa Verde National Park.
- Any federal, state, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- All lands within the boundaries of Mesa Verde National Park.
Last updated: June 14, 2022