Thank you for offering to share ‘Ranger Time’ with a child in your life.
The books listed to read as part of this activity may be found at your local library or on YouTube.
'This Little President: A Presidential Primer' by Joan Holub and Daniel Roode.
“All That I Can Be: When I Grow Up” by Mercer Mayer.
To make on-line learning easy, follow the steps below:
1. Read: “Have You Ever Visited Lindenwald?”
2. Read: “Meet Some Martin Van Buren National Historic Site Park Rangers”
3. Read: “Who Was Martin Van Buren?”
4. Read or listen to, “This Little President: A Presidential Primer” by Joan Holub and Daniel Roode.
5. Read: ‘What Did Martin Van Buren Want to Be When He Was Growing Up?’
6. Read or listen to, “All That I Can Be: When I Grow Up” by Mercer Mayer.
7. Complete the activity “If I Were President of the United States.”
8. Make a magician’s hat with Martin Van Buren jumping out of it.
9. [Optional for local families] Walk around Kinderhook and locate places that have been around since Martin Van Buren's time.
Last updated: December 22, 2020
Martin Van Buren NHS
1013 Old Post Road